want to be a paperback writer???
here’s some business tips from my dog…
what have you learned from your pets?
Dear PR folks… before you send me or other reporters, editors, bloggers your press release(s), answer these questions honestly…
1. Have you ever read anything that the reporter, editor or blogger has written? If so, have they ever written anything about the topic/subject of your press release?
2. Is this breaking news, a really interesting story or something your client wants to tell others and you don’t have the nerve or knowledge or expertise to tell them that this is not newsworthy?
3. Do you know if your client’s competitors have written on this topic ? If so, what angle did they take on it? If not, why not?
4. Is the copy longer than 300-400 words? Can you make it shorter?
5. Are there any typos, grammatical or spelling errors?
6. Have you fact-checked all statistics and confirmed quotes?
7. Do you know how the reporter, editor or blogger prefers to be pitched? Are you following their preferences?
8. Have you personalized the story/pitch to each reporter, editor or blogger?
9. Do you follow the reporter, editor or blogger on Twitter and know what they like to discuss so you can pitch them intelligently?
10. Is your pitch a sales pitch, advertising or news? Do you know the difference?
11. Is the reporter, editor or blogger male or female? Does that matter in how you approach them?
12. Have you included a phone number with your pitch in case the reporter, editor or blogger wants to talk to you?
13. Are you sending attachments with the press release?
14. Do you follow-up with the press release with numerous emails and phone calls?
15. Are the links accessible without having to register or subscribe to a website?
16. How is your timing? Do you know the reporter, editor or blogger’s deadline?
17. Does your press release/pitch have an intriguing title/subject matter ?
18. Can you sum up the pitch/story message in ONE sentence/ or 30 seconds?
19. Is your message controversial, timely and/or a different take on a subject and adds to the topic/subject?
20. What is your client’s expertise about this topic?
Millions of people say they want to start a business. Some go ahead and do it. Others are all talk and no action. Why? Starting a business after you’ve been an employee all of your life can seem very scary. Fulfilling your dream can be thrilling, exciting and seem death defying. In this economy, many people have felt that they did not have a choice. Start a business or be permanently unemployed.
Below are some tips on how to take a few baby steps and maybe even get your baby business off the ground.
Risk-Averse Entrepreneur’s Guide to Startup Success
7 steps on how to launch a business…
“If you decide to go for it and start a business, be committed to it. If you’re not passionate about what you’re trying to do, you probably won’t stick out the inevitable bumps in the road.”
Benefits of business: Tax write-offs
|Top Five Reasons To Establish Business Credit and Separate Personal From Business Credit|
|Even in these tough economic times establishing business credit can increase the chances that your business will stay afloat and help you beat the odds.|
1000 Ways to Start a Business with $1,000 or Less
18. Create a newsletter that educates others
19. Create a Social Media following on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Digg, Reddit, Pinterest or elsewhere
(Note: Crucial to building a network of potential and actual customers/clients and getting the word out about your business)
45. Turn your job into a business. If you have a job now, see how you can turn your job skills into a business. If you keep the accounts accurate for your employer, you could start hiring your accounting and financial consulting services to other businesses in the area.
53. Decorate homes for the holidays. Everyone wants to have a pretty home for the holidays – lend a hand and earn some extra money doing it.
54. Decorate yards for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries.
55. Start a dog walker, pet sitter, pooper scooper business (Only if you love dogs!)
56. Start a Renovation Company. Are you an auto mechanic or computer geek? Then you probably have all the skills necessary to buy and sell used and renovated cars or computers.
57. Start a tutoring business! Teach another language, musical instrument, computer, cooking, chemistry, whatever you have to offer.
58. Start a massage business
59. Start an aromatherapy business
60. Start an intuitive counseling business
Note: Thanks to CeliaSue Hecht for contributing ideas #53-60. Learn more from her and email to get her E-Guide to getting cold hard cash in your wallet
How to use social media to promote your events
If you want to learn how to create Buzz about your Book, Events, Business, give me a ring at 702-225-8206.
Creating jobs for women and other strangers…
Job creators care so much about creating jobs …
that they’ve been hard at work, very busy pressing forward with their agenda of creating jobs for women that pay less than jobs for men… and
creating 1,100+ bills against birth control, abortion, contraception and women’s health care, as well as anti gay marriage…
The Republican Party, has long fought big government in favor of privatization, has turned to regulating women’s private parts and people’s sex lives…
and these bills of course have nothing to do with the economy and the taxpayers and money and the deficit and the GOP has nothing against women…the physical conservatives are very fiscal-minded you know…
so here are some of the jobs and business profits the Gray Old Pickles are creating…
l. Peeping toms… since they now have all of these bans and laws in TN, KS, AZ and MS, to name a few states, of course, they must be hiring folks to peep into people’s bedrooms so that everyone can rest assured that no hanky panky illegal business is going on in there
2. Spies, similar to PT’s but these folks tattletale and out gay folks who run for office (such as judges)
3. Signmakers and Truck drivers to drive around town with photos of dead fetuses (do you think that they will also create signs of dead women who died from coat hanger abortions (see 4 below)…
(we could not make this stuffup if we tried)
4. Babymakers aka sluts, if you have to resort to coat hangers for abortions, Bubba the pro-lifer is ok with you dying… coat hanger producers are expected to reap big profits gearing up to help you with your demise
5. undertakers are on board
6. hiring pharmacists who will refuse to sell birth control to women
7. Psychics who can feel fetal pain and who know before a pregnancy begins are in huge demand in AZ and GA
8. Plus, folks to help you wile away the 72 hours before you can have an abortion are needed in Utah
9. Someone has to misinform women about abortion and tell teens to just abstain from sex, so a legion of Virgin Informers are being trained by Santorum as we speak
10. Prayer warriors to pray away the gay is a growing occupation, too
Michele Bachmann’s husband is taking applications
Just for fun…
2012 Grammy nominee Linda Chorney joins Venga and Seamus Romney to tell the true story of Seamus’s ride on the roof of Mitt’s car.
any other creative and interesting new jobs that the GOP are creating that you are applying for?
perhaps people to count the hidden millions/billions tax dollars they will not pay. They also need to hire humans to watch over their extra homes and cars or do they have robots for that? how about caretakers for their lobbyists? and lest we not forget the hordes of personnel protecting the moats of their castles, underground shelters and lunar planets, getaway islands to keep them from the unwashed middle-class poor peons?