Millions of people say they want to start a business. Some go ahead and do it. Others are all talk and no action. Why? Starting a business after you’ve been an employee all of your life can seem very scary. Fulfilling your dream can be thrilling, exciting and seem death defying. In this economy, many people have felt that they did not have a choice. Start a business or be permanently unemployed.
Below are some tips on how to take a few baby steps and maybe even get your baby business off the ground.
Risk-Averse Entrepreneur’s Guide to Startup Success
7 steps on how to launch a business…
“If you decide to go for it and start a business, be committed to it. If you’re not passionate about what you’re trying to do, you probably won’t stick out the inevitable bumps in the road.”
Benefits of business: Tax write-offs
|Top Five Reasons To Establish Business Credit and Separate Personal From Business Credit
|Even in these tough economic times establishing business credit can increase the chances that your business will stay afloat and help you beat the odds.
1000 Ways to Start a Business with $1,000 or Less
18. Create a newsletter that educates others
19. Create a Social Media following on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Digg, Reddit, Pinterest or elsewhere
(Note: Crucial to building a network of potential and actual customers/clients and getting the word out about your business)
45. Turn your job into a business. If you have a job now, see how you can turn your job skills into a business. If you keep the accounts accurate for your employer, you could start hiring your accounting and financial consulting services to other businesses in the area.
53. Decorate homes for the holidays. Everyone wants to have a pretty home for the holidays – lend a hand and earn some extra money doing it.
54. Decorate yards for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries.
55. Start a dog walker, pet sitter, pooper scooper business (Only if you love dogs!)
56. Start a Renovation Company. Are you an auto mechanic or computer geek? Then you probably have all the skills necessary to buy and sell used and renovated cars or computers.
57. Start a tutoring business! Teach another language, musical instrument, computer, cooking, chemistry, whatever you have to offer.
58. Start a massage business
59. Start an aromatherapy business
60. Start an intuitive counseling business
Note: Thanks to CeliaSue Hecht for contributing ideas #53-60. Learn more from her and email to get her E-Guide to getting cold hard cash in your wallet
How to use social media to promote your events
If you want to learn how to create Buzz about your Book, Events, Business, give me a ring at 702-225-8206.